Jobs at emdash
Can you write content that converts? Have you written about technology? Can you see the whole picture of content marketing? Can you get things done?
If your answer is yes to all of these questions, then emdash is looking for you.
We, at emdash, are looking for a writer to create content for our clients, most of whom are in technology, SaaS, or online education businesses. Typically, you would be writing blogs, case studies, websites, emails and social media updates. Once in a long while, you might get to do a CEO speech or some cards-against-humanity as well.
We’d like for you to:
- Have 1-2 years of experience writing relevant content. Don’t let that number stop you, though.
- Have a basic grasp of inbound marketing — tools and techniques.
- Understand marketing automation, funnels and workflows, at least in theory.
- Have basic understanding of digital businesses.
- Have a flair* for storytelling.
- Have a writer’s voice, but also be able to adapt to brand voice and styles.
We need for you to:
- Be a self-starter.
- Get things done end to end.
- Learn obsessively.
- See opportunity everywhere.
- Work from anywhere — home-office, co-working space, cafe, cab, kakkoos, you get the drift.
emdash is a marketing and communications collective.
We are marketers, planners, writers, designers and developers who come together as and when a client needs us, or if there’s beer on offer. We obsess over client satisfaction, quality work, deadlines, and of course punctuation.
While working with us, you’ll get absolute freedom, good food, exciting projects, and a team that makes terrible jokes. Within emdash, you are welcome to pursue ideas and projects of your own and can bring the team into them as well, if you need help.
- You’ll need to answer preliminary questions on email so we can gauge fit. You’re welcome to ask us questions too, of course.
- We’ll have a telephonic interview with you to have a more meaningful conversation.
- You’ll need to do a written test that we assign to you.
- You’ll have a telephonic interview with our founder.
- You’ll have 2 more rounds of interviews with our mentors/advisors.
Does that sound like it’s for you? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and links to your work from the past. If you know someone who fits the role, do refer and we’ll buy you beer on their joining day.
*P.S: I changed flare to flair because I gather the wordplay didn’t come through. Anyway!